Surviving Raine (SR, book 1) by Shay Savage

Surviving Raine - Shay Savage

I don't know why I love fast-paced books with island castaway survivor plots. Maybe because it's a bliss when I finally come to read the part where they were rescued or the part on how they will adjust after the rescue. It reminded me of On the Island by Tracey Gravis-Graves because of how flawless the writing is.

Basically, this story got the same-old, boy-and-girl love story in an isolated island after a ship that belongs to the protagonist, Bastian, sinks. Shipping him tho(pun intended-)with Raine is as easy as finishing the book and rating it with 5-sparkly stars. What surprises me were the characters' past that has been interesting and somehow molded them. It got deeper when those traumatic past affected them together every time it gets tackled inside the raft, along the beach, and until the airport. The same past that was revealed to be connected.

Bastian got a deeper, darker past than Raine. It involved fights, deaths and heart breaks. Raine, on the other hand, had this disclosed agony of his father's death. If I may imagine, they got different worlds. I can't picture them together in meeting and falling in love if they try to date in fancy restaurant before the incident. The incident--ship-shrinking and surviving will put them together with a twist about how they knew each other before.

I found myself got carried away. All the scenes flashes like a high definition. It was so cool to read. I had once again realized that life-old truth. :)

The last part had been steadily unfathomable that promised a second book with a bang.

This was published last May and I don't know how am I gonna wait for a year. Maybe.. accompany me?

this girl reading