Carrie by Stephen King

Carrie - Stephen King

I am not that familiar of Stephen King's writings. My English teacher back in college is a fan but I never listened to her which makes me a late bloomer in reading the books. What can I say.. like most of all the first timers, there was a doubt, a resistance. Knowing it's his first book, I will give him the benefit of the doubt too.(ehehe)

Carrie is a girl with telekinesis power. She can elevate, move, fly objects by mainly thinking about it without any physical exposure. A high school girl who is bullied by classmates, living with her excessively religious(crazy and zealot) mother who assaults her, are some of the triggers that affects the flow of her life and her story.

There was so little romance involved, but the characters are all important in making the story interesting. A page-turner.

Favorite phrase:

“Sorry is the Kool-Aid of human emotions. It’s what you say when you spill a cup of coffee or throw a gutter ball when you’re bowling with the girls in the league. True sorrow is as rare as true love.”

thisgirlreading