Eleanor and Park

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

I get really fast when reading YA stories. I wanted to go finish it in one sitting because I thought it's the best way to read these books. I've read my fair share of first love stories all of them tragic, all of them doesn't end as much flowery as like so many other firsts happened with it.

Eleanor and Park got this very cute book cover that you can't help but stare and admire, right? Like.. this might somehow reflect cute things in the inside.

It got nice promotions and attentions from people too. Like, The fault in our stars, it has its separate fans too, all of them, mesmerized by the book.

It's about Eleanor, a chubby red-haired girl, the new girl. She catches attention like her hair, and her weird outfits catches some more too. If you happen to look at the cover, it pretty summarizes the activities in the pages. Eleanor with her headphones, sitting beside Park. Park, an Asian kid, who looks like the sun(c/o Eleanor), do taekwondo, love comic books, loves low-key life. He sits by the window in the school bus alone, but when Eleanor walks in and looking for a seat, he ended up irritated and make her sit with him..6 inches apart.

I loved the cozy writing. I think, it's not much flowery, I loved it for that. I hate flowery overrated lines in Young Adult books. I prefer raw, innocent ones like this. I obsess a great well-written ending. It just make or break a book, for me. The characters acted like their age. I appreciate that so much. Because, again, some Young Adults have characters as if they understand life, which is, i am sure, nobody else doesn't(trust me).

The idea of first love comes close to heart to everyone and if you comes across something that tackles it, it's so hard to forget that book. It will keep you thinking for days.

Favorite quotes:

“What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? he wondered. Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away? The math seemed impossible.”

---

"I don't think I even breathe when we're not together," she whispered. "Which means, when I see you on Monday morning, it's been like sixty hours since I've taken a breath. That's probably why I'm so crabby, and why I snap at you. All I do when we're apart is think about you, and all I do when we're together is panic. Because every second feels so important. And because I'm so out of control, I can't help myself. I'm not even mine anymore, I'm yours, and what if you decide that you don't want me? How could you want me like I want you?"

this girl reading