Deception's Princess

Deception's Princess - Esther M. Friesner

Some lies lead to true adventure. . . .

Maeve, princess of Connacht, was born with her fists clenched. And it's her spirit and courage that make Maeve her father's favorite daughter. But once he becomes the High King, powerful men begin to circle--it's easy to love the girl who brings her husband a kingdom.

Yet Maeve is more than a prize to be won, and she's determined to win the right to decide her own fate. In the court's deadly game of intrigue, she uses her wits to keep her father's friends and enemies close--but not too close. When she strikes up an unlikely friendship with the son of a visiting druid, Maeve faces a brutal decision between her loyalty to her family and to her own heart.

--------------

This is my first time reading and finishing a book by Esther M. Friesner and I really liked her writing. I quickly discovered right after I finished this book that she write books with clever and strong heroines. Less than the sweet scenes, the book is mainly about Maeve, a king's favorite princess and her life from the time she was five when she chased a bull just to mark it that it is hers, until to her brave days deceiving and tricking kings. The writing grasped a very visible and realistic first century Ireland and their type of living.

Book Quote:

“.. I’d rather be happy alone than miserable in a crowd.”

this girl reading