Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain #2)

Sweet Dreams - Kristen Ashley

From GR:

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate’s angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn’t want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn’t a bartender, he’s a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn’t speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate. As secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, and Lauren tries to find her inner biker babe.

---

Tate and Lauren's love story was a time eater for me. This story will suck your time and life in a good addicting way, if you let it. A lot of things happening with the couple's life, together with the part of Colorado Mountains so brace yourself with details and good coffee. Don't be the reader who wanted to read this fast and end this soon. It's okay to grasp it all and take your time devouring the scenes and the dialogues.

It might shock you with the dialogues with a different grammar. Some readers were quite irritated about about the way Tate and some characters speak but you'll understand it in a way later in the series. I think it was how it was written because that's how people speak in the story's setting.

You'll find yourself missing the book once it was over. I did. I'm scanning Kristen Ashley books for my next read while you're reading this. :-)

Book Quote:

“God, if he wasn’t so handsome, strong,
sometimes sweet, didn’t have a Harley, that beard, a tendency to play with my hair, didn’t look so good in jeans and wasn’t so danged good in bed, he would seriously not be worth it.”

this girl reading