Isla and the happily ever after by Stephanie Perkins

Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss - 3 stars

Lola and the boy next door - 4 stars

Isla and the Happily ever after - 4 stars

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series. (from goodreads)

TBH, i didn't liked Anna and the French Kiss as oppose to many readers who did. You might say St. Clair got good genes, have Saint in his name, or have an accent.. but i have big issues about his 'leading Anna on' during the time he have a girlfriend. I don't like cheating stories. And if you say that he didn't cheat.. well, i might tell you otherwise, too. While.. Lola and the boy next door is my favorite among the three. I so so love Cricket. I love Lola.

Isla and Josh's story was a bit struggling and complicated. They had a beautiful story and my tear ducts was a bit hard-working in the last parts of the book. It's so romantic. Josh is so romantic. Isla is so real and introvert and soft(as her friend said in the book).

The story tackled teens having problems with their future, with how they interact with people, with how easy their self-esteems decline, and how passionate they are when in-love.

This reminded me again how young adult books should be like.

Fave quotes:

“There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew.”

“Josh grins. It’s wide and relieved and reveals a rarely seen pair of dimples. I could live inside those dimples for the rest of my life.”

==