Lover at last (BDB, book 11) by J.R. Ward

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) - J.R. Ward

Synopsis: (from Goodreads* -- i think Booklikes should include synopsis in every book*)

Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.

--------------------------------------------------------

So it's Quinn and Blaylocks's story this time and...

story wise.. this series is always a good read. The last time I reviewed a book from this series, I really liked it that I expected more on this one. Besides, readers were anticipating about how Quinn and Blaylock's story will unfold. I remember the few first books with Butch and Vishous being led into romance but it didn't turned out both of them together. (I hoped you read the series in order so that you weren't spoiled). Some fans were rooting for them, but they got their own stories with each of their "females of worth". I imagined the same scenario with this two. This was a first homosexual story from the series. Maybe that's why I anticipated a better sexual feel from the two. I think.. J.R. Ward is better with writing girl-boy story line.(idk)

The thing is I liked the past books than this. Somehow, the actions were lessen. Though some tension were there, I felt that J.R. was brewing something for the next book which fans already knew was about the King and his future child. (I am so excited for that.) But because J.R. *insert holy here* Ward is one of the best(fan here), the lack of action was being balanced out by the side stories that I have a hunch will make our heart thump for the next book. One is that.. I got to know more about the Shadow brothers. Honestly, I hadn't appreciate them the entire series. But.. hey now.. Trez got eyes for this Chosen girl and I can't help but root for them. Another was from the story of Assail and this burglar girl which was already introduced.

About the Band of Brothers which were everywhere for the last 2 books, I could tell that they will make such a good villains(?) in the next book. It's like the scenes from here were just a calm for the incoming storm. It's brewing and shit will just about to hit the fan. Xcor was as badass and smart as the Brothers and I feel you when you are also worried about what will happen. I love these Brothers to death. As I've said to my last BDB book review, its not about those scenes that kicked the asses of those paranormal books fighting for the top ranking, but the characters that makes you love and care for them. That's the charm. And of course, the writing. The bad-assed writing coming from a woman, leveled greatly to how she make us blink back tears the time when we didn't even know we already shedding.

I just wanna say that the book centered to how Quinn, specifically, try to make up his mind and give his shot for Blay. It will start from there..

Favorite scene(one of my fave--this one's funny!):

I think that's Justin Bieber.

Standing in front of a line up of Lay's potato chips, Qhuinn looked overhead to the speaker inset into the ceiling tiles. Yup, I'm right, and I hate that I know that.

Next to him John Matthew signed, How do you know?

The little shit is everywhere.

I swear, that kid is proof the Antichrist is coming.

Maybe it's already here.

Would explain Miley Cyrus.”

----

this girl reading

currently doing: sipping hot chocolate

til next time!