Beautiful Bastard (book 1) by Christina Lauren (Christina and Lauren)

Beautiful Bastard - Christina Lauren

I know.. I know.. calm you tits, BB fans. I sensed the hype from this fanfic sensation months ago but ignored it. Formerly entitled, The Office, Beautiful Bastard is about an intern and a boss with a lot of office unexpected sexual scenarios, dirty talks and name-calling. Bennett Ryan and Chloe Mills started with their inner war of hating each other. One time during a mock presentation in a late night at the office, Bennett made a move on Chloe that somehow opens up with a lot of similar sizzling hot incidences in almost of all the places that they went to. The difficult part is the connection and where will they leading.

I must admit it has one of the hottest scenes I've read. Loving and hating each other and ending up with Chloe's panties being torn and collected in a cabinet box were some of the scenes and I see many people love the wicked scenes. Insanely hot. I must admit. The question is.. will it gets better?

There are certain times that I wanted to know them better and how far they'll go beyond love and hate relationship. And as far as many people believe that hating and loving and hating and accidentally they are into each others arms every effing time is hot, I believe there are things between love and hate too. :) And that.. is called, in books.. depth, my friend. I didn't found it. I somehow got bored to some of the sensual scenes because the idea is hot, but the details are vague and sometimes the scenes are unimportant. I can't see all the candy canes in the Christmas tree, I just saw 10. (tee hee). But it's okay. It's a fanfiction, that i promised to not read any of them, but then I did.  -.-

I didn't know much about the minor characters, there aren't any promising one. :(

In the first chapter, I really sensed a very simple writing style but i ain't complaining. It's just that I am a reader who will give 5 stars to any book for a brilliant writing(and a a happy  dance, with multiple bragging in twitter, telling about it in booklikes) Heh. And I gave this a... 2.

But.. I enjoyed it, nevertheless. It's a hot read in this chilly fall day so whatevs! (haha)

*Currently reading book 2, btw. (Finished the BB, book 1.5)

Favorite quote:

“Wait, you remember that?"
"Of course I remember that. You sounded like a frat boy and looked like a fucking model. What man could ever forget that?"
"I would have given anything to know what you were thinking right then."
"I was thinking, 'Highly fuckable intern, twelve o'clock. Disengage, soldier. I repeat, disengage.”

----