World after (Penryn and the End of days, book 2)

World After - Susan Ee

“She wasn’t made to be alone.”
“I guess none of us are.”
Our eyes meet and an electric tingle runs through me.
“She missed you,” I say in a whisper.
“Did she?” His voice is a soft caress. His gaze into my eyes is so intense that I swear he sees straight into my soul.
“Yes.” Warmth flushes my cheeks. I… “She thought about you all the time.”
The candlelight flickers a soft glow along his jawline, along his lips. “I hated losing her.” His voice is a low growl. “I hadn’t realized just how attached I’d gotten.” He reaches and moves a strand of wet hair out of my face. “How dangerously addictive she could be.”
― Susan Ee, World After

----

Up above is my favorite scene(and I am sure, you'll choose that too if ever you have come to read the book) and if you haven't read this series yet, maybe.. just maybe you'll missing the criteria of the angel fantasy apocalypse part of your reading stacks. This is a second book after "Angelfall" and people are crazy with this book before, during and after its publication. I know, I am too. Still am. :)

It's about Archangel Raffe who is willing to do anything just to get his precious white wings back from the back(eheh) of Beliel, the evil angel who successfully stitched the wings with the help of their own angel physician. As of Penryn, she's focus on looking for her sister who came from an experiment that made her zombie-like, and saves her from people who might actually kill her. Raffe and Penryn got their own problems in the post-apocalyptic New York and pre-Judgment Day times when angels tries to make the worst of both scenarios that the couple might not stop.

The subtlety of the romance in this series is not that much subtle when it comes to fangirl readers who have the eyes for pure very well-written romantic teases. Susan Ee made the most of her romantic side and incorporated with the major plot of this series.. which is about angels and apocalypse. It's refreshing to read a book with angels in it, having to deal with their own angel 'politics'. It's so fast-paced you'll be able to just stop yourself for awhile just because you wouldn't want to end it yet. You would want to read about Raffe and his background and all his mysteries because you couldn't help but want to get to know him. It's a crazy world out there in New York, not so crazy like Penryn's mother, but hey, I know you'll love her more.

I liked it. The actions were clearly described. I experienced some snorts and some laughs too.

Try reading it when you're free.! ;)

this girl reading