Inferno (R.L., book 4)

Inferno - Dan Brown

It's either you love Dan Brown or you shit talk him in book websites. Right?

It's either you are so tired of his 'ungoogled' and doubtful specifics or you admire history and arts in his books.

Well, for me the fact that i love history and symbols and mysteries, reading his books was just like an ordinary day of reading a book and then reading another new and different one after that.

Or maybe because.. picturing Robert Langdon is like picturing Tom Hanks in his professor look wearing Harris Tweed and running all the time.

===

In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces . . . Dante’s Inferno.

Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante’s dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust . . . before the world is irrevocably altered.

===

If you read one of his books, I say you probably wouldn't be surprised but still will have 'enough' ha!-i-am-still-surprised moment. You'll look for twist when you're starting to get bored googling places and then you'll found it eventually and then you'll stop for a second, trying to summarize things. Looking for doubts, holes in the story. You'll then, recall events in-order just to make it clear for you and will not make you confused.

I like the Dante's Inferno references. Seems so controversial and artsy at the same time.

Overall, the one thing I won't forget is the part when Sienna talked about Denial.

“The human mind has a primitive ego defense mechanism that negates all realities that produce too much stress for the brain to handle. It’s called Denial.”

Denial is a critical part of the human coping mechanism. Without it, we would all wake up terrified every morning about all the ways we could die. Instead, our minds block out our existential fears by focusing on stresses we can handle—like getting to work on time or paying our taxes.”

--next time