We were Liars by E. Lockhart

We Were Liars - E. Lockhart

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.

Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

---

I finished this a day before yesterday and I'm still doubtful about what to write. There are books like this that makes me cringe because it never passed the line of awesomeness but at the same time, you have to at least read it for curiosity and piece of mind. >.<

When it comes down to it, if you look at each of its elements, it's nothing special. Four friends in an island and their families, and an accident has happened and from somewhere.. it distorted your sense of pace and the story and.. and.. anything else that--might spoiled you so i'm not gonna tell! *haha*.

Started pretty much good until half of the book and it progressed and inclined.

The writing really, might put you into question. It's either you liked it or not. It might make you take some phrases literally and figuratively. I don't know much about technicalities of writing, but somehow the writing didn't balanced up with the tragedy.

Readers are talking about this book because along the story line, it will make you stop and won't understand something so you look it again, flip the page back again and reread that page. Like, you know when you saw someone familiar and you look him again just to be sure and you're shocked because he's not? It's pretty much like it.

Advice is..to keep reading until you get 'mindfucked', they say.

Book Quote:

“There is not even a Scrabble word for how bad I feel.”

this girl reading